Caring for your Jewellery
How to ensure a long life to your Dash jewellery piece
- Water, lotion, perfume and other liquids may deteriorate the quality and should be avoided in direct contact with the jewel.
- We recommend that you take off your jewel when you sleep, shower/bath, participate in sport, or do household or garden activities.
- Jewellery is delicate, particularly items with textile or natural stone components, so please handle carefully. If dropped stones and beads may break.
- Excess exposure to sunlight may shorten the durability of the jewellery, may cause tarnishing and discolouration.
- When not in use your jewel should be kept in a dark and dry place, never in humid areas
- Metal components can be cleaned with a soft jewellery polishing cloth.
Shopping & Shipping
Ordering Online with us is safe and secure and best of all, it’s from the comfort of your own home.
Please be sure to check your order carefully before you place it. Once ordered and payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation of your order.
There are 2 payment options available for your convenience.
CC Payments – Dash Jewellery makes use of Peach Payments to facilitate credit card payments Peach Payments is 3D secure and a PCI compliant operator for credit card processing.
EFT – EFT’s may be done manually. Proof of payment will be required. Once payment is received, your order will be processed and shipped.
Orders will be shipped as soon as they are processed. Please keep in mind that any orders that require personalisation, engraving and/or stringing of a corded bracelet or necklace will take a bit longer to be processed. Please keep that in mind. Our intention is to get your order into your hands as quickly as possible.
Dash Jewellery make use of The Courier Guy to handle any deliveries.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on your location and the weight and/or size of your products.
Any orders above R1500 will be shipped free of charge (excluding overseas orders).
Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be.
Shipping rates are non-refundable.
You will also have an option to collect your order from our business premises which are based in Waverley, JHB. Once your order has been processed and is ready for collection, we will be in contact.
Exchanges and Returns
Goods purchased from Dash Jewellery may be returned within 14 days of purchase providing that the items are unused and in their original condition & packaging. This option is only available on FULL PRICE ITEMS.
Customised items such as engraved items or special orders may also not be returned. These items are non-returnable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable..
The purchase of SALE items is final, unless deemed faulty.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to exchange your purchase.
Return of faulty items
You have 3 months to return your purchase if it is faulty.
All items are quality checked but occasionally there may be a fault we’re unaware of. Please note that wear and tear in the course of normal use is not considered a fault. Jewellery and semi-precious stone items are delicate and should be handled with utmost care to preserve the life of the jewellery. Semi-precious stones breaking from mishandling is not considered a fault (i.e. dropping or bumping against hard surfaces). Please see Care Instructions (link to Caring for your Jewellery) on the website for further information on this.
Items will not be replaced if tarnishing of the plating occurs as this is due to general wear and tear and exposure to perfumes, moisturizers and heat from the body over a certain period of time. Dash Jewellery advises purchasers of their duty of care for each piece as detailed on the care card included within each purchase.
To be eligible for a repair, exchange or refund of a faulty item please contact Dash Jewellery on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– A photograph of the item with a description of the fault
– A “proof of purchase” being either the email confirmation from Dash Jewellery or bank statement.
– Dash Jewellery cannot be held responsible for goods that may be lost or damaged during return shipping so please ensure all items being returned are securely packaged. Any items not thoroughly packaged to avoid damage during transit will not be accepted, so please take care when posting.
– You are responsible for all postage costs incurred to return an item.
The item will be assessed upon return for fault. Dash Jewellery will then repair, replace or refund the item. Dash Jewellery reserves the right to deny an exchange or credit if the faulty piece returned does not meet our return policy requirements and it is deemed that care instructions were not followed.
Please note Dash Jewellery will only accept returns purchased directly from the Dash Jewellery website. Any items purchased from a Dash Jewellery stockist must be returned to that stockist as per their return policy.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Your order will take 2 -3 working days to be delivered. If engraving or stringing of a corded bracelet or necklace is required, your order will take longer to process. We do our absolute best to ensure your order gets to you as soon as possible.
Am I able to collect?
Yes, our premises are based in Waverley, Johannesburg so if you are in the vicinity, you are welcome to collect. On check out, simply select the collection option. Once your order is processed, we will be in contact with you to let you know that your order is ready for collection.
Am I able to return?
Yes, as long as the item is unused and in its original packaging, you are able to return your product within 14 days and exchange it for something different.
Please note that this does not apply to Sale items.